Once upon a time there was an evil auntie who had a blog. First, she was a fake auntie, then a real auntie, but always there was the blog.
Sadly, the evil auntie had a job, and as the years progressed the job sucked up more time and energy. And so the blog withered and dwindled.
However, it had not been wholly forgotten by the evil auntie, who would occasionally drop by to see if it had been infested by spambots, or turn around post ideas in her mind. But the actual writing of the actual post, well, that was always going to be trickier.
However, as is the wont of evil aunties everywhere, this evil auntie was somewhat bloody-minded and couldn’t quite give up the idea of the blog. And so she eventually returned. And thus, the most evil entry to date came about. The dreaded, fearsome and horrific catch up question post.
1. Where have you been?
A. Busy. Stuff. Slow internet. Work. More work.
2. But geographically, where have you been?
A. Prague. Still Prague, more Prague. Some holidays.
3. Gosh, you must be older now.
4. And that monkey? You know, the one that, er…
A. Monkey? What monkey?
5. Umm… that monkey? You know, the one that got bored with writing Shakespeare sonnets, and… er…
A. …awkward pause… I think you may be confusing me with someone else.
6. Yes, yes of course. No monkey. So Prague? Still? Wow, you must really like it? Job going well, that sort of thing?
A. There has been that world economic crisis.
7. Ah, yes. Haha. So, um… what have you been reading?
8. Oh, FF’s sake. Now you’re really being bloody-minded.
A. I’m interviewing myself in a virtual vacuum, and vaguely annoyed by the fact that I felt the need to euphemize my language. Of course I’m bloody-minded.
Next time: the dreaded what-have-I-missed post.